Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 61...Smoke Break


SMOKE BREAK

Went for coffee in a great little place on West 7th today, and while waiting for my mom to grab her to-go, I decided to get in some "street photography" despite the AGAIN sub zero temps.  I love taking candid photos of people doing every day things, though surely I wouldn't categorize myself as a street photographer.  

For some reason, I'm really drawn to the image of smoke and steam, and that includes smoke or breath coming from people's mouth.  My good friend Valerie Jardin is a reknowned street photographer and I learn many good tips from her.  Photo walks with her are usually one of the only times I participate in street photography, but during this project, having a daily assignment for shooting leaves more opportunity for me to do street photos.  And I really haven't done too much of it simply because it's too damn cold.  

The weather says it's warming up, so I'm guessing things will start getting more interesting as the weeks pass.

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment