Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 103...Muddy Mob


MUDDY MOB

First soccer tourney of the year, and likely the most rainy, muddy, messy game I've ever had the experience of observing.  

This is (obviously) not a breathtaking sunset or landscape or an artistically angled shot of some cool abstract thing.  But my photography isn't always about making perfect fine art.  One of the favorite subjects for me to photograph is my kids doing what they love.  There will certainly be a load of soccer-related photos throughout the summer months of this project.  

This shot is particularly fun because never in my life have I seen the girls get this messed up from the dirt.  Their socks are actually supposed to be white.  At least that's how they started.  And you can't tell quite so much in this shot, but it was raining sheets and the girls had to pour the water out of their shoes and their unis were drenched.  

No comments:

Post a Comment