Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 113...Weeping Willow




WEEPING WILLOW

I spent the last week weeping myself.  My dad passed away on the 19th of April, and I really did try to keep my project going.  But the grief caught up with me and I truly started to lose my desire.  I knew it wouldn't last forever, and I know that the only way I'm going to snap out of this grief is to try to remember the good times, and keep my mind busy with things that are important to me and make me smile.

Just before my dad passed away, we had a discussion about my future.  The discussion was regarding whether I wanted to be a landlord or not, and my dad looked sternly at me and said, "Honey, you're a photographer.  Put your concentration into that."  It meant a lot to me that he said that because he acknowledged my talent and my passion.

Spring is finally coming.  It's been raining for nearly seven straight days, but as you can see from today's photo, nature can't help but bring on spring despite the gloom.

I'm determined to post two photos a day until I get caught up, and hopefully have no more slips this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment