Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 106...The Haberdashery


THE HABERDASHERY

One of my all-time favorite places in St. Paul, Heimie's Haberdashery.  You walk by.  You look in, and  suddenly you feel you've been transported back in time.  Heimie's has got style!   The clothier with hats everywhere, really awesome clothes, extremely cool bags and totes.  Walking by is cool enough, but when you walk inside, it's a real visual treat.  I always love it when I catch the barber cutting someone's hair.  So many ways to enjoy a stroll by the Haberdashery!

This photo to me is great not just because I love Heimie's, but it's kind of hard to tell whether I took it from the inside or from the outside, and it looks like the man (could it be Heimie?) is sitting at his desk in the middle of the street in the city.  Reflections in the city are always a fun thing to capture.  Maybe one day, I'll catch the barber and use that as my photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment