Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 117...Leaving the Sunset Behind Me


LEAVING THE SUN BEHIND ME

I know I've done a photo similar to this more than once, but let me explain...lol.  I have had a lot on my plate lately.  But at dinner time, I said aloud, "I haven't done my photo of the day yet, and I'm still quite behind.  I don't want to miss another day."  So when dinner was done and I exited the restaurant I was at with my mom, I noticed the sky was wonderful!  I said to my mom, "I MUST have that sky as my photo of the day."  And as I got in the car to ponder what vantage point I would shoot from, I realized I did not have my camera with, and I simply did not want another iPhone photo as my photo of the day.

So I calmly told my mom she had to bear with me while I raced home to get my camera.  Of course, by the time I got home, got on the house, grabbed the camera and a memory card, got back in the car and tried to find a shooting spot, the sun had sunk below the horizon, and I simply couldn't find a point to shoot from where there weren't street lights or billboards in the way.  So homeward bound I was.  And I was sitting at the stop light to turn back to my house, I looked in the rear-view, and shazam...my photo of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment