Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 317...Ordinary Things


ORDINARY THINGS

I've mentioned before that one of my best photography friends is THEE Valerie Jardin.  She is best known for her street photography, but like all other photographers, she dabbles in other things as well, and had a previous "life" as a portrait photographer, doing some commercial photography, etc.  But the reason I'm bringing her up again is because she has inspired me a lot.  I learn a lot from her though I'm not a street photographer.  I shoot street photography when I'm with her, and also just because finding a story on the street is fun and interesting sometimes.  

But, Valerie is also the mediator of Passion and Vision, a group on Facebook.  Recently she posted a "challenge" for the followers of the page to find a way to photograph ordinary things.  It is a huge challenge for me.  Inanimate objects don't necessarily appeal to me.  I like people.  But I've done the challenge two weeks in a row and was quite pleased with my second post.

Then the other day as I was walking back to the office after getting myself a coffee, I started noticing "ordinary things" that at the time seemed a little extraordinary.  One of them happened to be this fantastic doorknob.  It was clearly not modern.  The door was weathered.  The knob seemed fairly old fashioned.  And it just looked cool.  So I'm adding it to my series of ordinary things, and just seeing what everyone else things about ordinary objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment