Friday, November 28, 2014

Day 333...A Holy Sunset


A HOLY SUNSET

I headed out this evening to catch the European Holiday Market in downtown St. Paul, and perhaps to see the lighting of the Christmas tree in Rice Park.  On the way there, the sun started setting and the sky was amazing.  When I first spied the beautiful sky, I tried in my usual style to find a good vantage point to capture a great photo from.  By the time I got to a place where there weren't a lot of buildings or electric wires in the way, the sky looked kind of blah.  So we just went on our way to St. Paul.

Then as I was trying to find a place to park, I glanced off to the east and saw the silhouette that I've captured many times already, but the sky was too beautiful this evening to pass this up.

I did make it to the market, but it was pretty lame.  We walked past the vendors each one time and then headed over to Rice Park.  We figured out the lighting ceremony isn't until tomorrow night and all the lights were off so that was a bust.  The kids were too cold to skate at the skating rink, so we just went home!

No comments:

Post a Comment