Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 318...Commute



COMMUTE

The morning commute.  For me, it's 21 miles one way.  On a regular ordinary day without traffic and other hurdles, that travel time is usually about 25 minutes.  On work days, however, I plan ofr 60 minutes.  I like to take the bus to work so I can relax and read or play games on my tablet or whatever to pass the time.  But there are days when I just can't make it to the bus on time.  

At the end of the commute, when I see this site, I know I'm almost there.  It's a small city in comparison to other metropolitan areas in the U.S.  But it has a quirky appeal.  This morning, there was an amazing sunrise that lit the east side of the city in a way that was just beautiful.  Today it was quite cold which also makes the steam and clouds hang on to the horizon of the cityscape.  

I've actually posted this scene earlier in the year, and I didn't review it earlier to see how similar the shots were, but that was months ago anyway.  I feel like I'm on the home stretch of my project and it's going to go by in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment