Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 337...My Beautiful Friend



MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND

Above in the photo you see my famous friend Valerie.  I've talked about her in my blog before.  She'll probably not like that I called her famous.  She is kind of though!  And I learn a lot from her.  She's a street photographer and she's internationally known.  I've know Val longer than I've known nearly all of my friends.  It was one of those disconnected friendships where I knew of her in high school but did not reconnect with her until a bit later in life, and only really became great friends in the last few years.

Now admittedly, I did not take this photo today.  I left my camera at home this morning as I woke up late and in a hurry.  By the time I got home, the sun was gone, and in Blaine, there's little to photograph at night and I've done enough wool spinning for the time being.  And as you can imagine, I've always got backups to choose from because I really do shoot almost every day, and often more than one subject each day.

i just love the contrast of this photo, and I love love love taking photos when it's snowing.  This one was taken after a day spent with Val at the MIA, one of her favorite spots to hang out and shoot.  Love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment