Sunday, December 28, 2014

Day 363... Rising on the Edge of the City



RISING ON THE EDGE OF THE CITY

This is one of those scenes that certainly isn't as beautiful in a photograph as it is in person.  I took this one because when driving in to the city on morning where the SUN is going to make itself known, it casts beautiful colors around spilling them on things.  This steam comes from a building that is right on the river.  And whenever I see the steam, it's entrancing.  And I thought it was especially amazing this morning how the outer edges of the steam lines sucked the color out of the air and turned the outlines pink and orange.  

If I were into taking video, I could see standing near the billowing steam for a long while taking video shots of it because there's just this magical billowing of it that keeps you staring at it.  I think this particular "smoke stack" constantly pumps out some sort of vapor that almost always can be seen in photos of the St. Paul skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment