Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 136...Floral Fantasy


FLORAL FANTASY

Now that it's spring, and you can see flowers all around, I might as well take advantage, although I did say I'm not much of a flower photographer.

As is often the case, I set out with a different idea in mind.  The Egrit was fishing at the pond, so I wandered over to sit quietly for a few minutes to see what I could capture.  I scared her away and the shots were too far away or blurry, so I packed it up and figured I'd try later.

Tonight while I was sitting at the desk working, I spied the planter outside with its beautiful bright flowers.  Now, as I've done before, I went out to photograph in a sort of macro way, these beautiful little flowers, but with little regard for my settings.  And sure enough, I had a very low shutter speed, and I moved as the shot was being taken. BUT....I LOVE the result.  It kind of makes it look like a watercolor or something and not a photograph.  I didn't even edit it!  

Now, if that doesn't suit your fancy and the whole blurry thing just makes you rub your eyes and blink, below you can see a "normal" flower photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment