Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 137...A Golden Pond


 A GOLDEN POND

Often the case is that I set out with an idea in mind I want to photograph.  I had been thinking all day about my shot.  I had tentatively planned to do some night photography after a very long and intense day of working on transcripts.  But then I just didn't feel like I had the energy to do it.  And as I sat in the chair editing, I could see the sun starting to set out the window.  

So I thought, well, might as well get another one of my favorites, the sunset.  But I didn't really feel like driving around chasing the sun to a great setting.  So I lazily walked over to the pond near my house thinking all the way there how nice and calm it was outside.  Surely, the sun setting on the pond would be adequate.

And while I was positioning myself along the lake to get the trees and sun reflecting on the water at just the right angle, this beautiful guy swam into view, and the shot was made!!  Seriously, no edits!  

No comments:

Post a Comment