Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 121...The River City


THE RIVER CITY

Since my employment began for Ramsey County District Court, I began to have an affair with the riverfront.  St. Paul is a small city for a downtown type area.  But it's quaint, and the reality is, there's a lot for me to explore.  Right in downtown there are buildings and people milling about, a good place for street photography.  

But if you step right outside the perimeter of the city, there is park spaces and trails that make you feel like you've gotten away, if even just for a moment.   When you get down next to the river, you quickly realize that there's a lot going on...commerce, fishing, boating, and other forms of recreation and leisure.  

I am a member of the Twin Cities bike share program, Nice Ride.  So often in the nicer weather, I hop on one of these great green bikes and I ride around and this brings me to great photography spots all over the downtown and surrounding area.  

Today, down by the river, the classic St. Paul scene as seen in the above photo.  


No comments:

Post a Comment