Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 143...Sunshine on the Plaza


SUNSHINE ON THE PLAZA

I had yet another long and exhausting day at my job.  But strangely, in spite of the long hours and the shitty content of the day, I've been enjoying my job lately.  

After a very long morning in court, I wandered over to the brand new Lund's grocery store that just opened up downtown St. Paul.  It's seriously heaven to me.  A high-end grocery store blocks from where I work.  I indulged in poached salmon for lunch to get me through the afternoon trial.  

But best yet was the street photography opps.  This woman sitting there reading the paper seriously could have been a super model for all I knew.  She was gorgeous, and I was so compelled to photograph her.  (I sound like a pervert!!!  LOL.)  But one thing I really love about this photo is the contrast between the old and the new....notice she is reading the NEWSPAPER...which most people think is extinct, and the gentleman in the background is texting on his phone!  

This is just a classic street photography shot that tells a little story about "The Lunch Hour" in downtown ST. Paul, but YOU are the author of the story.  I've only given you a piece to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment