Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 160 ... Summer Reflection



SUMMER REFLECTION

Sometimes about an hour before the sunsets, you can just tell it's going to be great.  On those nights, I try to plan my location so I can get a good vantage point.  It doesn't always work out for me.  Tonight was one of those nights.  Had to pick my lovely daughter up from soccer and get her a bite to eat.  So I settled for walking a block down from the house and shooting over the pond in the neighborhood.  Turned out to be a winner.

I didn't realize until I got to the path that the water was still and it was mirroring the sky beautifully.  I did very little to edit the colors with just a little bump in contrast.  That's what I love about sunsets.  The colors just exist within them.  I've been seeing some great shots of sunrises, and I've said before, I'm just not a sunrise gal.  But I sure wish I could get up for them because they seem to have more purple which is my favorite color.  

Are any of you sick of the sunsets yet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment