Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 171...Reflective River



REFLECTIVE RIVER

I'm certain that most of my photographer friends have this same shot, or one similar to it.  But I don't have one yet.  I do have one similar that is the same river but a few miles to the east, the one of St. Paul.  

But tonight I was out to dinner downtown, and my beautiful date and I had to part ways at the end of dinner.  The whole night we were out, we couldn't stop commenting how gorgeous of an evening it was.  So when I pulled away after dropping him off, I thought....YES!  A perfect time for me to get some great shots of one of my favorite places, downtown Minneapolis!  I was immediately drawn to the river.  

So maybe my friends have this shot, but I love the way it turned out and I'm glad to add it to my collection and share it with you.  I love nights like this one, and while I'm a huge people person and love being with my friends and family often, it is fast becoming one of my favorite times when I get to steal moments away to spend quietly composing my photos, and it's one of the great joys this project has given me because a significant number of the shots in this series have been done while I've been on my own personal photo walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment