Friday, June 13, 2014

Day 164...Honey Moon


HONEY MOON

So it's Friday the 13th.  And in various places, I've seen stuff about this "honey moon" we're supposed to be having.  Now I've heard of the blood moon, and harvest moon, and blue moon, etc., but I've not ever heard of this honey moon.  So I had another hectic day, and on my way home, I figured, it's been nice out all day.  I'm sure the sky will be ready for me to photography this fabulous phenomenon, the Honey Moon.  

So I had my mom look up when the moon rise would come.  I didn't even know these things were documented, but they are.  So I headed out about 10 minutes before the predicted moon rise.  I drove east trying to get a great vantage point for this 9:40 p.m. moon rise.  At about 10:10 p.m., after driving for 30 minutes and seeing no sign of this elusive thing, I decided to go home, and I was figuring I would have to skip the photo of the day now since it was dark out and there was nothing to photograph.

So as I'm waiting at the stop light to turn home, I look over my shoulder (to the east) and peeking through the clouds, there's the darn moon beckoning me.  So I pull over, set the tripod up, and here you go.

Now keep in mind, I've shot WAYYYYY better moon photos than this, and the other shots I got of this moon tonight were under cloud cover so they were more eerie and artsy.  But this one does definitely show some of the cool spots on our globe of "cheese."  And it's what I ended up with at the end of the day.  If I come across the other shot I have which shows much greater definition of the craters, etc., I will edit this post at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment