Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 170...CITY SOLITUDE



CITY SOLITUDE

Sometime the "city" is just nothing but hustle, bustle, busy, chaos.  It always astounds me that often, the city can offer some of the best places to relax and escape from itself.  

One thing that I can honestly say has been a tremendous benefit from me taking on this 365 challenge is that I really have forced myself to find things.  I am a member of a lot of photography groups.  And I see some pretty amazing stuff done by amateurs and professionals.  At times I feel intimidated, but I do get inspired from many things I see, and I also want to try to attain some of those same shots of my own.  

I knew that there was a cool place to shoot the Minneapolis skyline from.  I've seen lots of different angles of the beautiful city, and since I haven't even made it halfway through the 365 days yet and I've posted less than a dozen photos involving Minneapolis, I'm sure there are a lot more anlges for me to search out. 

This one, however, is one I've wondered about for a long time.  I drive down Highway 280 nearly every day, and there's often a really lovely view of the downtown Minneapolis skyline, but during the morning and the evening.  I'm so tempted to just drive on to the shoulder of the road and start shooting, but I always contemplate that that's not really very safe.

So I did try to get a good shot of the skyline from the water tower in Prospect Park.  I think it will suffice...for now at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment