Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 178...How to Gain Possession



HOW TO GAIN POSSESSION

I know this isn't some gorgeous sunset, landscape, wild flower, crazy sport shot, a cute little animal.  It's definitely out of the ordinary.  But my intention this evening was most definitely to get a great action shot of Tiana doing her thing.

As you can see by examining the photos, a single one of these shots wouldn't be that interesting.  However, when you piece them together, it's kind of fun to see the skill of Tiana gaining possession over her opponent, and I felt like it was a bit of a storyboard and the combination of all the shots together give you the idea of the action from the moment.

I know I'm taking some chances in the project because I wanted to go take a photo of the 35W bring in Minneapolis which is lit with rainbow colored neon this evening in support of Pride Weekend.  I know evening light shots, especially bridges, usually get lots of likes.  But one thing I've been loving about this project and experience is pushing myself to experiment and try something different and to sometimes step away from the cliche.

No comments:

Post a Comment