Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 172...Stray Fluff



STRAY FLUFF

Took the bike out tonight for the perfect summer ride.  I went up through Bunker Hills Regional Park which is one of my favorite places to ride.  It takes you through the woods.  You can trail around to the stables and visit the horses, and you can take the trail through the golf course and along the railroad tracks.  

I went just before sunset tonight and the temperature was perfect for a bike ride.  As I was heading through the woods, I could smell campfires and bug spray, and then I realized people were tent camping in the park.  I could see the people through the openings sitting at their campsites.  The whole scene really made me smile and the smells of summer put me in a great mood.

Then as I strolled by the open fields, that's when the photographer in me kicked in.  The wildflowers were calling to me!  I wandered out in the meadows to get shots of the giant fluffy things that look like mature dandelions.  I don't know what those things are called, but I love them.  So this shot is actually the seeds after they've been blown off.  I love the intricacy of their threads.  

What a great night..

No comments:

Post a Comment