Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 256...The Quiet Farm


THE QUIET FARM

I had to go down to Rochester, MN tonight for some personal reasons.  I was alone and I knew I would be alone the whole night.  So OF COURSE, I brought my camera and planned to shoot.  There was prediction that Aurora Borealis would be making an appearance, I did attempt to drive around after dark waiting to see if it would happen.  It did not.  

But on the way down to Rochester, the land is speckled with beautiful farmland all around.  To the west of me I could see the sun sinking.  I didn't necessarily want a sunset photo, but I did want to venture off the road to see what type of places I would be able to explore the next day.  As I was winding around the roads and getting further away from the highway, I happened upon this beautiful farm just as the sun was creeping below the horizon.  

When I loaded the photos I took, I had to have this one for my photo of the day because I absolutely love the layering of the colors from blue to orange and then green with a little splash of red.  I am a city girl through and through, but riding through this farmland was a treat for my visual sense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment