Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 257...Moo Moo, We're Watching You


MOO MOO, WE'RE WATCHING YOU

How many cows do you see?

I was adventuring on the side roads in the farmland, and I saw this little dirt road that led into the middle of a pasture.  I pulled the car off the main road onto the dirt road and got out. I could see the cows about 100 yards away.

I love cows.  I'm not sure why.  But after this adventure I love them even more.  As I started walking towards them, they looked at me curiously.  I've always thought as I drove by cows grazing in the fields, they seemed lazy, benign, and maybe not very smart. 

But as I got closer to these cows, they were very obviously interacting with me, and they were being almost playful.  They cracked me up and made me smile.  They would walk closer and closer to me and stand there and stare.  They weren't like other animals where if I tried to startle them they would run.  They stood there looking at me.  Then one of them would decide to run away, and the rest would follow.  

So I would start to walk away thinking the gig was up and the opportunity was over.  When I would start walking, the herd would turn around and start running back toward me.  So I would ready myself with the camera, and they would stop and stare, almost pose for me.  

I was really trying to compose a photo where only one cow was standing there.  I wanted it perfectly setup so there was cornfields in the background and the wooden fence, etc.  You know, farm-ish.  But all the other cows wanted to get in on the action and would all bunch up and watch me.  So of course, I had to include them all in the shot because they were photo bombing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment