Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 267...The Last Seed of Summer



THE LAST SEED OF SUMMER

I was walking along a roadside trail.  And I was totally distracted by my surroundings.  I was searching purposely for fall foliage and something colorful to photograph to "keep up with the Jones'" so to speak.  At a moment, I looked down at the ground, and this "flower" drew my attention.

I snapped a photo of the quirky thing, and then it dawned on me that this was a spent dandelion.  How cool is this flower during fall, preparing to be go to rest for winter.  

I especially love the last seed holding on tight (at about 8:00) and the dew drops (at 11:00 and 12:00).

This project has been a challenge for me to get something posted every single day, but I've really started to see things I would have never noticed before.

No comments:

Post a Comment