Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day 33...A Special Portrait


A SPECIAL PORTRAIT

When I started my project, I contempated my "theme."  I love doing portraits of people, and in the summer and fall, I do a lot of them.  So I really thought I might endeavor on a portrait project.  However, I felt it would be very difficult to do an interesting 365 of entirley portraits, and I wanted to spend more than 52 days doing this, so I opted out of that plan.

But..since the only limit I put on myself was to post one photo a day that occured OUTSIDE or was of the OUTSIDE, that does not limit me from doing portraits, and I knew there would be some throughout the year that would surely appear here.

And of course, why not start off the portrait posting with a very special one.  DAD!  

A portrait of any dad is special.  But since my dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 adenocarcinoma and is beating the odds the doctor gave him by several months now, I feel especially thrilled to be able to be taking portraits of my father.  It is nearly ten months since his diagnosis and for sure five months after the latest time they gave him to be alive so it seems a miracle.  And as you can see from this portrait, the man is a hell of a fighter because he looks handsome and he DOES NOT look like a cancer patient.

I'm glad for the opportunity to post this of him and change from landscapes too.

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment