Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 44...The Moon Rising



THE MOON RISING

The resolution on this one isn't as great as I would like it to be, but it's still a pretty cool shot.  I'm always a little astonished how much detail can come out on the moon when you take a photo even with a fairly basic lens!  The moon is such a cool object to photograph and stare at.

I saw this when I was on my way home from work after I got off the bus.  I nearly drove off the road a couple times trying to get a good look at the dang thing!  I am quite pleased with the moon craters that you can see.  One day, I vow I'm going to get one of those really golden harvest moons that are just coming up.  I've never been a huge night photographer, but that's one fun thing about this project is that I get to look for things I've not done before.  I actually have a series from years ago where I did capture the lunar eclipse and I have a couple fairly decent plain moon shots.  I think having the tree in the foreground adds a little interest to the composition.

Well, I feel the warm weather starting to rev up, so things should start getting good!

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment