Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 37...Sleepy City


SLEEPY CITY

Driving home from work...LATE.  I've seen this skyline so many times driving down the road, but never figured how I was going to shoot it, and I'm always in a hurry to get home.  But today, I just decided to go for it and stop even though I was late getting home.  

It's not REALLY the shot I wanted.  Right before I got to this location, the sun was setting behind the city and it was all aglow.  But by the time I got positioned, the sun had gone down pretty far and there was only a slight pink tint to the sky.  I still like the colorig of the sky, but I've come to the conclusion that if you're not really in the right spot, the Twin Cities do not have the most appealling skylines.  They're my cities, so I love them anyway, but it's not quite like the bigger cities of Chicago, Atlanta, New York, you know?

I guess today, I felt like this is another one of those "settled for it" shots.  But sometimes, I just don't have time, and I've come up with some pretty good stuff at the last minute, so I never give up trying.  

This morning, there was a sun halo right when I got to work.  I didn't have the right lens with me for my camera to capture the whole thing, but that would have been great!

Hopefull I'll come up with something really good this weekend.  My goal is to do at least one or two shots in the next week involving PEOPLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment