Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 39...On a Country Road


ON A COUNTRY ROAD

I started off my day in a bad mood about my project.  I went outside.  It was cold, cloudy, wintery gray, and just gloomy.  But I was determined to come up with something creative before the sun went down.  I set out on a short walk through my neighborhood which is surrounded by ponds and treesthinking that I surely could find something in the natural environment that I could photograph in an interesting way.  But honestly, it didn't happen.

So I took a quick photo of my daughter's gorgeous eyes before I headed out for the evening thinking that at the very least, I could post a photo of her pretty eyes (since I did take it OUTSIDE!).  

But then...on the way to the soccer game tonight, I swear it's like the sky was calling out to me.  The sun was starting to go down, and as I got close to the game, I realized that we were just on the fringe of a rural area that had some very country roads and even some small farms sprinkled in.  So after I dropped Tiana off a half hour before her game, I took those 30 minutes to drive around nearby and see what I could come up with...and this was the shot.  

I absolutely love this shot, and I think it's going to rank in the top as one of my favorites.  I wanted to try to stray away from landscape shots of the sun going down, but the shadows of the trees cast by the setting sun on the snow in the foreground was simply too good to pass up.

I hope you love it too.

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment