Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 40...Winter in the Woods (plus BONUS shots)


WINTER IN THE WOODS

I had a lot of work to do today for my "career" job.  But I needed a little break, and right before I knew the sun would be setting and casting great shadows on the snow, I hopped in the car for a quick drive.  I knew if I hit Bunker Hills Regional Park, I'd surely find something intersting to photograph, and indeed, I did.

I wanted to try to get away from solely a sunset shot again, and sometimes it seems like I just wish for things to happen and then they just do.  I'm lucky that way.  So I drove in, and this was one of the first shots of the outing, and I knew it would work.  I am very drawn to logs and trees because of my father.  Since my early adulthood, I have a vision of my dad chopping wood and sawing down trees.  He was a tree trimmer for many of the past years. The loss of his ability to be able to chop and stack wood because of his cancer is one of his greatest disappointments.  So I was immediately drawn to this shot, and it looks exactly how I would have wanted it to, and it's going to forever remind me of my dad.

My car adventure in Bunker turned out to be the best break from work I could have hoped for and I saw some peaceful and relaxing sites.  So for a bonus, I'm posting this shot which I'll call "Dreaming of a Picnic."




The empty picnic tables all over the park were covered in snow, and made me think how much I long for the summer days between these tall trees in the warmth of summer.

And then as I was leaving the park and ready to go home, there was one last photo that was another one of those unexpected moments.  I was taking some shots of the sunset, because, of course, it's one of my all time favorite subjects!  And as I got back into the car to leave, this shot came in the side mirror of the car.  I couldn't resist.  I'll call it, "See You later, Sun."


I just couldn't pick between the three tonight for my favorite, so BONUS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment