Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 55...Inside OUT



INSIDE OUT

This post is entirely out of the norm for me.  This is not something I would normally ever take a photograph of.  But when I saw this, it struck me at the moment as really cool and I took a photo.  I never intended for this to be my photo of the day.  In fact, I took it with my iPhone camera because I was walking through the skyway for my lunch hour exercise and I didn't bring my regular camera along.  The day later got completely away from me and I ended up not really having time to intentionally go out and shoot, but when I uploaded this photo, it turns out that I actually love it.

I know many people who like abstract things and architectural patterns in photography.  This is not my favorite nor is it by any means my forte.  But that's one thing that pushed me to do the 365 instead of something less taxing because it pushes me to go outside of my own comfort zone when I run out of things to photograph. 

I realize I was not "outside" while taking this shot, however, it is a photo of the "outside" so I count it as working for the project theme for sure.  

Regardless of my feeling about photographing buildings, this one I love because of the pattern of the skylight contrasting with opposing patterns on the outside buildings, as well as a color blocked effect with the sqaure buildings with their colors and patterns combined with the blue sky and the green girders of the skylight.

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment