Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 34...A Winter Day in the Country



A WINTER DAY IN THE COUNTRY

This shot was taken yesterday, just before dusk.  I was going to try to stay true to posting only images I took on THE day, however, the past two days images were not taken the exact day.  Yesterday, I set out on an adventure in the country, but when I got home, I felt strongly about the portrait of my dad and decided to post that one instead.  That one was taken the day before, but it kept coming back to mind, so I bumped this image yesterday and posted Dad.  

So I actually did take some shots of the river today but figured I've already got enough St. Paul landscapes for the time being.  This shot seems a little minimalist.  But this is what Minnesota Winter is just like sometimes.  I think sometimes a black and white image of the country winter is a good classic shot.  However, I really like how the birch trees stand out against the gold tree tops in this shot, and I just couldn't settle on black and white.  And frankly, this scene gives me a more peaceful and settled feeling than something shot in the city.

I really need to find something new to shoot besides winter landscapes though regardless of whether it's a city or the country.  This winter is getting to me!

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment