Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day 46...Ugly Beauty



UGLY BEAUTY

My Daughter calls it Emerald City.  It's the refinery in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota.  When you drive by, it is always an interesting sight.  At night, it's lit up and draws your attention immediately.  During the day, there is always steam pouring into the sky.

The whole structure of the place is just pillars of metal.  It's just plain industrial.  But there's something so entrancing about the image it makes.  

In this particular shot I took, I didn't do any color correction whatsoever.  It looks like I shot it in black and white, but I didn't.  This is just exactly the kind of day it was, and it rendered the scene rather eery in a way.

Like many of the other shots in this project, this one may appear again.  This is the exchange point for me to drop my daughter off for her time with her dad.  So I'm sure I can catch this beast at night when it's all aglow.  

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment