Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 50...Watercolored Sky


WATERCOLORED SKY

I can't believe I've been doing this for 50 Days already.  Wow, how the time has flown by.

Tonight, I chased the sunset.  I watched the clouds all the way home thinking it was shaping up to be a good night for it.  Here's a problem for me though...living in Blaine, there's not a lot of interesting skylines and landscapes to use as backdrops for the sunet without driving real far out of my way.  So I set out for a great sunset, and it didn't really happen.  I mean, I got photots that I thought were going to be pretty great, but of course when I uploaded....Ugh.

But the funny thing is...this shot did occur tonight.  After I went and tried to chase down my sunset, I decided to stop at Cub and get myself something to grill to celebrate the puddles forming from a warm day teasing us that spring may in fact come.  And as I drove into the parking lot, I looked to the west and this is what I saw!!!  The sun had obviously already dipped below the horizon, and it was that moment in time where the pink, purple, orange, yellow, and blue sort of all layer out.

I was actually mostly drawn to this vision from the sihouhettes of the trees.  But I'm not going to deny also that it cracks me up that I can stand in a busy grocery store parking lot and get a shot like this!

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment