Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 48...Down on the Farm



DOWN ON THE FARM

The snow falling is always a reason for a photographer to grab the gear and go.  Since I'm a government employee and am lucky enough to have President's Day off, it resulted in a double prize for me with the day off AND snow fall.

So I headed up to the farm with the intention of capturing a typical wintery Minnesota morning.  I love it when I have a shot in mind, and I come home with something totally different.  Today's blog gets bonus shots again because I was just pleased with the country sights.

I'm not much of a farm girl or country girl at heart.  Anyone who knows me well knows I'd rather spend a day in the city.  But the country and farm can be a place of peace.  And on this snowy morning, that sure proved to be the case.  

I loved how the colors of the hay and the wagon popped out at me among the white snow and dull gray trees.



An abandoned old-fashioned car also added some color to the landscape.


But I also couldn't resist the contrast between the yellow hay rolls and the soft silohettes of the tree line in the distance.


And for good measure, I just had to have the typical Minnesota Country scene.  When I think Minnesota, this is exactly what comes to mind.






No comments:

Post a Comment