Saturday, October 11, 2014

Day 285...State Tourney Time



STATE TOURNEY TIME

Our girls earned their way to the fall soccer state tournament which took place in Rochester, MN this weekend.  I had to be down there to pick Tiana up at 8:30 a.m. so I left Blaine at 7:00 a.m.  The above photo is what I woke up to.  It was a magnificent morning.  The drive to Rochester was incredible and if I wasn't on a deadline, it would have taken me twice as long to drive down because I would have been stopping ever mile while the sun rose through the fog and mist.  
But the I arrived and the tournament started and I was in sport mode.  

Tiana started the tournament off scoring the first goal of game one and the team went on to win that game.  

They tied the second game with no score between the two teams and then we moved on to the next day.  


There was a three way tie between the teams that were being determined to play up against us and they had to have a three way shootout before the championship game began.  Tiana assisted with Lexi to help Jen score the first goal of game three.

White Bear Lake tied it up after a few minutes, but Blaine dominated the whole game, and we ended up taking the championship by winning 3-1!  It was a nail biter and so much fun.  So proud of my girl and all of her fabulous hard working teammates.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment