Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 298...At the End of the Day



AT THE END OF THE DAY

It is by far one of my favorite things in life, the sunset.  Tonight was a crazy tease.  I had to leave the house at 5:30 to drive Tiana from Blaine to Inver Grove Heights.  I didn't get home from work early enough to plan the frequent stops that might be required by a crazy obsessed photographer such as myself.  I also didn't realize that the sunset was going to be magnificent.

So I start on the road, and I felt like the universe took all the color it had available and started to slowly pour it out of the sky in muted amounts.  As I drove along, I thought I was going to veer off the road at least ten times when I became distracted by the burning sky.  So I started to accelerate hoping I would get to the meeting spot before the sun went down all the way.  

I did it.  The sky was much darker than I wanted it to be, but it was still just so dazzling and beautiful.  

Tonight's post was really supposed to be the fall shots I took at the lake last night, but I found this sky too spectacular not to share, and I'm having a hard time weaning down the ones I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment