Saturday, October 18, 2014

Day 292...Taking Flight



TAKING FLIGHT

I went to northern Minnesota this weekend, the iron range.  The colors were past peak, but it was still incredibly beautiful up there.  And so I spent two days taking photos of things I certainly though would make the blog, colorful trees, sunsets, meandering streams, reflections in the lakes.  But on the way out of town on the way back home, and enormous Bald Eagle flew right in front and above us.  

I quickly pulled off to the side of the road, and watched it perched up in the tree on the side of the road.  Then after a minute, it took flight across the road and then perched itself on the tree pictured above.  I really wanted a photo of it close up with the color of its plumage, but the sun was on its way out for the day, and all I could get was a silhouette.   But then the bird took off again, and when I reviewed my photos at the end of the day, I decided I had enough landscape photos in this project and I should post something I've not had here before.  

So this was what I chose.  Lately I've been feeling like I just had a week to wander around alone in the north woods, or somewhere, anywhere, and just shoot photos of stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment