Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 300...Farewell to Fall (series)




FAREWELL TO FALL

We had a horrible winter.  A less than mediocre summer.  But the fall this year...OH BOY!  There were days it seemed incredibly magical.  The day I took these photos was one of those magical days.  I got off work to do a photo gig, and when I finished with that, I walked outside and was mesmerized by my surroundings.  I think I may have already used photos from that day, but this is the finishing off of my rendition of the fall colors.

After this, the trees are bare.  The weather is turning cold.  We have to prepare for winter.  

Enjoy this last look at color before most of what we see is white and gray.



These photos were all taken at Lake Phalen on the Eastside of St. Paul.  This is a lake I've spend hundreds of day at in my lifetime, walking around it alone or with a friend, swimming in the lake as a teen, visiting the Ice Palace the year it was there, etc.


I have photographed this lake in the recent past during summer sunsets and autumn days.  The lake is no longer near where I live, but I like to visit the old 'hood from time to time and enjoy the transformation it's taken over my lifetime.


Today marks a really big milestone in this project.  I know that I haven't done the project perfectly by posting every single day on the day I took the photos.  And I fudged a little a few times with my "theme."  But I have made it 300 days and I'm on the home stretch.


There have been many days where I felt uninspired and found it nearly impossible to come up with an interesting image to post.  And then there are days (like this one) where I worried I would use up my whole memory card with images and have a tough time deciding what to choose.  Now my hope is to finish the last 65 days strong and use what I've learned to make interesting, well composed, well executed shots that pique the interest of anyone who visits here.


No comments:

Post a Comment