Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day 215...Haight-Ashbury



HAIGHT-ASHBURY

So on a trip to San Francisco, and even this very street corner, there are so many tourist photos one could take.  If you Google San Francisco, and even Haight-Ashbury, you can see all of the typical photos people take when they come here.  I'm not saying I didn't take those photos too.  I certainly did.  But for my photo project, I didn't want everything to look like a postcard.  Some of my photos definitely do and can be somewhat cliche, but I'm trying to go out on a limb a little when I can.

So Haight Street is definitely an eye full of experience that I'm glad I took in.  It's surely not somewhere I'd want to live, but it was a culture that was fun to photograph.  There were so many colorful people everywhere and lots of tourists.

Being from Minnesota, I guess I'm just not used to seeing this many really down and out people.  I assume that's because it just gets too cold sometimes for people to be homeless, but the homeless culture here is HUGE, and dirty, dirty, dirty.

But I wanted my photo today to be of something fun, and this gal certainly was trying to make the day fun for herself and everyone around her.  Her bubbles and her smile sure made me feel like smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment