Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 232...Holding on to Summer



HOLDING ON TO SUMMER

Each day we are losing daylight, as the bug spray billboard says, two minutes each day.  So I'm going to have to start getting my photo done during the work day during the week or get creative at dusk or after dark.  

Tonight I realized at about 8 pm that I hadn't attempted my photo yet.  It was certainly a challenge tonight because as I set out, it was nearing dusk.  The lighting was an absolute challenge.  There was no real sunset, and the clouds in the sky were pretty blah.  So I walked down by the pond thinking maybe I would do a blue hour reflection or something.  And as I was peering through the cattails at the lake, I saw these little silhouettes in the reeds.  

When I got closer, I realized they were Hoppers.  Look how cute he is.  They didn't hop away, but when I got closer to them, they tried to move to the back of the grass and hide.  I love taking macros of insects.  Maybe I'll need another lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment