Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 220 ... Being a Tourist, Part 2



SAN FRANCISCO GRAFFITI

I don't usually process my photos to a significant degree, but I thought some of the actions I used for these shots just brought out the feelings I had when I came upon the murals.  The first three were taken right on Haight in the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood, and the last one was right at the edge of the Tenderloin.  

I had heard that the Mission District had a lot of murals and magnificent wall art and Graffiti, but in three days, I only had so much ground I could cover.  Some people really hate graffiti, and I understand that there are elements of graffiti that can be real destructive.  But the graffiti I saw was obviously commissioned to be there, and the artists were brilliant.


There are so many little pockets of cool places to see in San Francisco, and although Haight Street is not very long, I spent a few hours there alone just wandering and observing people, dogs, buildings, and my surroundings.  It was a really great experience.  



No comments:

Post a Comment