Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 218...Flowers and A Flying Thing



FLOWERS AND A FLYING THING

I know that's probably a bad title for my photo of the day, but what is that thing?  It sort of looks like a bee that mated with a moth.  It was definitely going for the pollen, but I've never seen one before.  

I waited patiently in the garden hoping to see a butterfly.  My aunt says her garden is full of them.  But I scarcely saw an insect.  Just this crazy looking thing.  But I did enjoy the colorful flowers that were there.

I've said before that I'm not a big macro photographer and I don't really care that much for floral photography, but I know many people really enjoy the colors and shapes, so tonight, I took advantage and shot a variety.....



I've seen a couple posts lately on Facebook and whatnot of crazy people saying things like, "Winter is coming."  How about if we just forget about that and enjoy what we have before us today, all the color, splendor, warmth and beauty that is Minnesota's favorite time of year!  Because....


It's just good for the soul to stop and smell the flowers, or touch them, or just look at them.



No comments:

Post a Comment