Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 240...At Peace



AT PEACE

Tonight early on, I could tell the sunset was going to be great.  I dropped my daughter off at soccer, and I decided I wanted to see the sunset at a lake.  So I drove to Centerville because many times when I drive by that lake, I think how amazing it must look at sunset.

I left early enough to not feel rushed, and I had at least an hour and a half to enjoy the show while my daughter was at practice.  So I took several photos at several different intervals of the sunset.  I think I can safely say that the entire hour I was there, each stage was magnificent yet different.  

As the sun actually sank below the horizon and it became the magical blue hour, I snapped a few shots and then decided to wrap it up.  As I was getting ready to walk away, I had a realization.  Many times when I'm alone and photographing things, I have a lot of time to think, and in the past few years, I've had a lot on my mind.  So I often have a racing mind while I'm shooting.  Sometimes being alone out there would give me anxiety when I've thought about breakups, or my dad's cancer, or problems with my kids, etc.  

But the realization I had tonight is that the ONLY thing I thought about was being at peace and enjoying the beautiful sunset that the universe had given me this night and getting a great photograph.  I was not stressed.  I was not anxious.  I wasn't in a hurry.  I wasn't worried about my problems.  I felt peaceful and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment