Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 236...Minneapolis, MN



MINNEAPOLIS, MN

If you look on the Minnesota Photography Club Facebook page, this shot gets posted pretty much once a week.  It's the postcard version of Minneapolis, and I don't necessarily want my photos to be cookie-cutter and postcard looking.  But I do like having a good shot of what the city looks like and this is just one of those views I've always wanted to shoot for myself.  

Actually, as we were leaving the restaurant we were at on Nicollet just outside of downtown, we could see huge clouds forming and lightening everywhere around us so I thought I would hit this bridge and maybe get some cool lightening in the sky over the city.  The only problem with this scenario is that I can't remember where I put the plate for my tripod, so the last few times I've done night shooting, I've had to improvise and on the walking bridge where this was shot, the fence is only cutout in spots higher up.  So I had to do the steady-the-camera-on-the-sidewalk method and shoot under the fence.  

But it's still a great view of Minneapolis, so I'll take it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment