Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 228....Nicholas David



NICHOLAS DAVID

So something I've for sure never shot is concert photography.  First of all, because they usually don't let you bring in the heavy equipment!!!  And second of all, I go there to enjoy the show and don't want to be distracted by worrying about photography the whole time.

Last night though, I attended a concert of one of my favorite dudes...Nicholas David (Mrozinksi) who was the third-place contestant on the show The Voice.  This is the third time I've seen him live.  The other two times were at First Avenue in Minneapolis and whenever I saw him there, the lighting and backdrops and whatnot were first rate and so beautiful!  I saw the pro photographer done afterward and was envious of their task and their work.

Last night's concert was at the Minnesota Zoo Amphitheater, so therefore, it fit into the theme of my project...OUTSIDE!!  The amphitheater was a great venue to see a concert at, and we had front row seats so it felt very intimate.  I got a ton of great photos, even after the security guy came and told me to ditch my long lens!  But this one just captured the utter essences, in my view, of what Nicholas portrays.

Hey now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment