Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 216...San Francisco


SAN FRANCISCO

So on my trip, I tried to stay away from taking the typical postcard shots, but this scene just says San Francisco, and I couldn't help myself.  You most definitely don't see street cars in many other places.  We waited in line for two hours to get on this darn thing.  We bought an all day pass so we could "jump on" and "jump off" several times.  What we didn't realize is this is one of the biggest tourist-ey things to do, and the two-hour wait on the ride over to see the Golden Gate Bridge was also the same on the return trip.

So we instead decided to start walking until one of the streetcars came by and wasn't so full.  We ended up walking the rest of the way back to our starting destination including walking up very very steep hills to Lombard Street which actually has the most crooked street!  It was super fun.



There are so many amazing views from so many places and for only being here for three days, I covered a lot of ground considering I also was attending a work conference during the day.  If I ever get back to San Francisco.  I will spend more time near the bridges, and eating my face off.

No comments:

Post a Comment