Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 233....Summer Hummer



SUMMER HUMMER

Just a fun little shot of a cute little birdie!  I've always been extremely fascinated by hummingbirds, and since I don't ever sit and chill out and just observe things because I'm too busy and I don't take the time to slow down, I've never really seen them in action or up close.

Tonight I got the opportunity to sit in my ex-father-in-laws backyard garden/pond area and just take in the serene and beautiful gardenscape he's created.  He has unique flowers blooming all around his intricately designed pond which harbors Koi and lily pads and other various water plants.  One of the main reasons I wanted to visit was to get some photos of butterflies, and since he plants flowers specifically to attract butterflies, I scored with some great shots of a Swallowtail and a Monarch.  

I never anticipated that I would see a hummingbird this close, let alone not at a feeder, but as I was photographing the butterflies, this little guy kept zooming around me, so I got him quick while he was posing.  

This is the photo I went to specifically achieve....


No comments:

Post a Comment