Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 219...Being a Tourist, Part 1



UP ABOVE THE WORLD SO HIGH

I started on my journey to San Francisco.  It was a mostly-business trip, but I knew I would have to seek out some good photo opps.  When I made my plane reservation, I was like a little kid.  I planned my seat so I could be next to the window and see everything that passed below me.  I mean, if you're not a regular traveler, how often do you get to see the tops of the clouds or the patterns of the roads and farms as if someone planned for it to look like a painting.  

And every time I'm up in the sky, I think about how when roads and fields are planned if they realize how cool they will look from above.


And when you look down that the mountains or other natural land structures, I wonder how they got put their and how the wind and rain has transformed them over time.  And I also stare in wonderment at how humans plan the way they do, and as above, the road just suddenly stops.


As I was passing over things, I tried to see houses and roads and imagine what gets people to land where they do.  During most of the time in the sky, I had no idea which part of the country I was flying over.  I have no idea where the above photo is nor what type of geographical terrain it is.  But I think it's completely beautiful.


I did sleep through a lot of this flight, but the parts I was awake for were magnificent, and it made it worth me childishly choosing the window seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment