Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 225...Being a Tourist, Part 3






TOURIST ATTRACTIONS

When you go to New York, you have to get that photo of the Statue of Liberty, Paris is the Eiffel Tower, Italy is the Leaning Tower of Pisa (among many others, obviously), you get the point.  There's those unmistakable landmarks all around the world.  You see them on postcards.  You see them on your friends' Facebook pages.  

One thing I've been inspired to do learning from my pro friend Valerie is to try to see the iconic landmarks in a way other than the postcards.  This is not easy to do, especially if your visit to these places isn't planned well.  My trip to San Francisco was not a photo-based trip, but I never go anywhere without my camera and I made the best of the short time I had to shoot in this city.  All of the photos on this page are pretty tourist-looking.  But I'm still glad I have them as cliche as they may be.

 OAKLAND BAY BRIDGE


CHINATOWN


MORE CHINATOWN


 ALCATRAZ


 GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE

PIER 39


FISHERMAN'S WHARF


GOLDEN GATE PARK

No comments:

Post a Comment