Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 239....Cumulonimbus



CUMULONIMBUS

When the clouds start to build in the sky, I find myself totally distracted by them.  When I'm driving and I see clouds like this, I look around me to see where I can pull off and set the shot up.  

On this particular day, I was alone and I didn't have any pressing plans.  So I purposely set out to shoot the Minneapolis skyline from the bridge on the west campus of the U of M.  I took shots of the Minneapolis skyline, but they were AWFUL.  Then when I turned around to walk back to my car, I looked behind me to the east and I saw these magnificent storms clouds forming.  

So many times when the clouds are all around like this, I wish I was in a place where there wasn't buildings and trees in the way, you know, big sky country.  But it worked out for me tonight.  I think it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment