Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 189...After the Rain


AFTER THE RAIN

I really don't do macro photography.  But how many times have I said throughout this project that the point is to stretch and learn.  Today, I really wanted to try to get cool photos of the stormy skies, but from where I was, they just weren't that interesting.  And the storm came and passed within an hour.  I took my higher end camera in to have it cleaned yesterday, so I am working with my less expensive baby which doesn't have a long lens.  When I drove by the lake, the loons were swimming by, and I wanted to shoot them but didn't feel like hopping in the canoe and I couldn't shoot them from the side of the pond because my lens doesn't scope that far.

So I looked around, and saw some pretty flowers, but I have done flowers more than is my preference.  Then I noticed all the raindrops on everything.  I got down near the ground and started macro shooting, and I was pretty pleased with most of the results.  This one turned out to be my favorite and the longer I look at it, the more I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment